The first of this year:
I’m sick again. AGAIN. It’s the third time this year I’ve had a URI and the fourth time I’ve had a sore throat. A long time ago I worked in the family entertainment business and spent the first six months or so constantly sick. But after fighting those sicknesses, I was hardly ever sick. The occasional cold was the extent of it. Now I’m sick several times a year.
A big cause is the building in which I work. The air is recirculated a lot and the building is filthy — "normal" dirt plus the powders (alumina, chrome 3, nickel, etc.) we use in processing. I’m afraid to know what my lungs look like after breathing this stuff for eight years.
The company is for sale and I stand to receive a decent severance package if I lose my job. I hope I do.
Regarding lean meat and lack of flavor:
“It’s like, if you’re part of the Dahmer party and you have to choose between Dom DeLouise or Lance Armstrong, who are you gonna pick? Well?”
It’s all SO MUCH clearer now…
“I’m a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight…
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you’re “exotic, different.”
* Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, a quintessential American story.
* If your name is Barack you’re a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, and you’re a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and be President of the Law Review, and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you’re well grounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate’s Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran’s Affairs committees, you don’t have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you’re qualified to become the country’s second highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you’re not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you’re a Christian.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state’s school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you’re very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family’s values don’t represent America’s.
* If your husband is nicknamed “First Dude”, with at least one DUI conviction and no college education, who didn’t register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.”
I usually hear this guy more often than I see him. He wanders through the yard repeatedly meowing in a very soft, polite voice. He’s not friendly; he becomes quiet and runs away if he sees people. He’s been around more frequently lately, sitting with my ferals and sharing their food. I see him most often in the early mornings when he’s sitting on the patio, enjoying a few moments’ respite from the rough life of a tomcat.
There’s something about his eyes that I find haunting.
I don’t like metallica, but this is awesome:
(Ruffian706 and FlugVogel, seems like something we’d have come up with, huh?!)